Thursday, June 10, 2010

Athens Wednesday2

  Another day of 'testing' the public transportation and shopping.  After my morning ritual of coffee and internet hacking I struck out for the bus at the corner and headed down to the Pireaus port area to check out the stores and 'sellers'.

  Once off the bus I went to the business side of the street and in and out of almost every store for about 6 blocks.  Then I saw an interesting cross street and wanted to check it out.

   Kinda like the Dallas Farmer's Market, only lot's of fish places and lot's of vendors selling every thing from underwear to sunglasses.  There were also a couple of 1 euro stores, just like the ones at home....everything in the store is 1 euro.

   Followed the next street back up to the main street and of course had to have a gelato.  I saw several things I wanted to take pictures of to post, but failed to take my camera with me, so all images will remain forever buried.

   I passed the Metro station on the way to Jumbo, kinda like a US Walmart.  Went in and all I saw was baby clothes.  I walked that floor completely and finally found an employee and asked if they had anything besides baby clothes....she said "yes, baby clothes right here"!!  I said "No....NO baby clothes"......OH....well she got the idea and pointed me to the access for the other floors.  I walked every floor, round and round in circles.  I had picked up a few things and was ready to leave...but how to get out.  I stopped and asked a girl stocking the store and she pointed...so I started walking that way.  I FINALLY figured out that έξοδος meant "Exit", so started following those signs and made it to checkout.

   Once out and back on the streets I decided it was time to catch the bus back...I was ready for a beer!!!!  Caught the bus fine, found my stop with no problem, and what do you know...another Gelato shop right where I got off....so had to have a single dip Tiramisu in a waffle cone.

   Made it back and headed for the balcony to have my beer and settle in for the evening.







I know Lil Girl is anxiously awaiting my return, in fact I'm sure she is already packing her bags to go home...it's just that she thinks SHE is what is supposed to go in the bag, not her things.  I did pick up a little something for her today as well!!!   ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home