Thursday, August 10, 2006

Czech mate


No kaffee this morning!!!! I went out trying to find some, but actually didn't have any Crowns in my pocket anyway, so diverted my attention to a suitable ATM, or "Bancomat". Finally found one on my third try. I for to mention dinner on the train was only 766.93. Not bad - huh?

So after I took my crowns from the banco I stopped in Alberts and picked up some disposable razors since mine won't charge, and some pastries. Came back to the room, had the pastries and headed out for a walking tour of Prague.

Most everything around here warns you of pickpockets, taxis, and dangerous trams, so of course we avoided all those and took our "nike's" for a ride!! We did see some beautiful buildings, walked to the river, and over to "old town". It really is a pretty city. We wondered why if wasn't very busy on our walk earlier.

We stopped for a beer once on the other side of the river then continued our walk up to the Castle...beautiful picture from up there. You'll probably see the pics tomorrow since the connection time here is a bit high....well at least for me. Anyway we then stopped at a resturant on that side of the river and had lunch. I asked for "something Czech" and was recommended goulash with dumplings. It wasn't the same goulash my mom used to make, but guess that was Hungarian, but it was good.

We then crossed the St. Charles bridge constructed in 1304 and adorned with 20 statues of various saints, famous people, gods or something...whatever they are they are impressive...and the bridge was PACKED with people.

All the way from the bridge back up through the narrow streets toward Weneclas Square it was packed...people everywhere. We stopped in several shops....just looking, stoped for a snack. John had a milkshake...expecting a "Dairy Queen" type shake, instead it was milk with banana cut up in it and shaken!! ;-) I had a cup of kaffee since I didn't get my caffine fix this morning.

After visiting the square for a bit and taking in some of the modern art exhibits on display we headed for the Prague version of the underground to head back toward the Hotel. I have to admit the subways get better the further we go, this one is REALLY nice!!!!

So once back at the hotel I am going through my bags throwing out all the liquids and gels. So I will not shave, bathe, or deodorize myself till I get back to Dallas!!!!!

Will update the picture scene once we get to Vienna...hopefully a better deal on connections there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home