Friday, July 28, 2006

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels



Well I got up this morning...you were on my mi..i..i..nd...oh well, you know the rest. I just HAD to have coffee, so went down to the little deli next door to the "flea bag" hotel...little place called Dunhill Deli......LOVED it, had one cup there, watched the people coming and going, got another cup and came back up to the room (?) and started my crusade to BITCH about this place to THE place that booked us...Hotelconxions...they don't know what they are in for yet.....will keep you posted.....

...well after a long, arduous session with that 'dirty rotten scoundrel' known as www.hotelconexions.com on the other end we FINALLY got back in the Edison. That is the Hotel originally booked. I was told there was no way to get a room there, all that was left was the Wellington on 57th or someplace in Tribeca...the other end of the city. Of course they could always keep us at St James with the other 'worms'!!!

I finally agreed to the Wellington and they said call back after 9 so they could confirm everything....so I called ConAir to get the 1/8" attachment to my clippers to cut my hair. Conair is listed as just across the river in NJ. My attachment will no longer stay on the clippers....well, everything was going fine with the 'phone person' in ARIZONA till she told me it would take 10-14 days. I said from NJ????? Oh well, lost that one...just let my hair grow out...Europe will love that anyway.

...so back to www.hotelconxions.com to confirm the Wellington, seems everything was a go, just didn't have a room for the 29th. I said 'well that's great, what am I supposed to do, just walk the streets with my bags the 29th?'. She graciously replied that I could stay at the St. James! I said "would YOU stay here with the bugs in the bed?" She replied, 'we've had no other complaints'. I said I've got PICTURES and will send them to you...and she told me the only option she had was to get me in the one in Tribeca, that was the ONLY room available.

I told her it was funny that the night before I was told they could work things out with the Edison and she said WHO told you that, I said Anthony....she put me on hold for about 10 minutes, then came back on and said she had me back in the Edison!!! I bitched some more about losing a complete day, not being able to check in till 3, having to check out at 11, messing with bags all day, on and on and finally hung up.

We went back down to the Dunhill, had a short stack of buttemilk pancakes and some more coffee and then toured Times Square again. Then we went back, got our bags and walked to the Edison and finally got checked in.

We took a stroll down 47th to the Hell's Kitchen area...found all kinds of neat little cafes, shops, and stores. We stopped in at "House of Brews" with over 80 brands of beer...had a couple of beers, some onion rings and calamari. Did a little more walking then back to get ready for the theater.

There are SO many Broadway productions right now that I'd LOVE to have gotten tickets to, but didn't know about them when I got tickets to Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Oh well, when I did hear of Jersey Boys the tickets were so high I was glad I settled for what I got. It also worked out that the Imperial Theater where Dirty Rotten Scoundrels was playing was just across the street from the Edison....Imagine that!!!

Well we stood on the street for about 15 minutes waiting for the doors to open..this was around 7 pm and they were still closed so I suggessted we go in the little deli there and have a cup of coffee...and well maybe a dessert as well, which we did. Well it finally occured to me while sitting there looking out the window that where we had been waiting was the back of the theater, so we finished our coffee and walked around the block.....sure 'nuff the doors were open!!!

The play started a little slow, Lucie Arnaz is in it but was by no means the star. The place was packed though and it finally got going and was really very enjoyable. Ut turned out Brian d'Arcy James was the real star of the play!!

Afterwards is was down the street..the streets PACKED with pedestrians at midnight, imagine that, to another little store selling pizza, then back to the Edison!!!

After all it was a day that goes to show that there is nothing that is too good to be true!!!!



Our Hotel View (Day/Night)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home