Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Texas Eagle



undefined Tuesday evening, second day of the journey. Had breakfast this morning with a retired couple from Canyon Lake, Texas. Had the scrambeled eggs...were mixed with gravy, sausage, and potatoes. Not the way I would have ordered them, but not bad. Also had coffee...the coffee had a strangely familiar taste to it that I couldn't quite put my finger on, but after careful consideration...it reminded me of the time I burned (or scorched) the toffee at Christmas time. Ken said he perferred it that way, but you could definitely tell it had been a little overcooked. Well the coffee had that same taste to it, actualy pretty good.

Then it was back to the room to watch the countryside roll by, nap off and on, and wait for lunch call. I already knew wat was on the lunch menu and had my mind made up to order the Angus Burger...which I did, and it was really good. We did manage to get a couple of pictures in the "Stateroom" for Joe...hopefully I will be able to publish then when I upload this.

We got into Chicago about an hour late, was hit up by my first guy needing $11 for him and his girlfriend to get back to Indiana...told him I didn't have it. We stored our bags and took the Adams Street (Imagine that Joe.....) exit and walked down the river for a ways, then back to Union station to await boarding of the Lakeshore Express. This time we didn't have the sleeper, just the general population car, and yes...it was the last car on the train. You couldn't hear that horn at all! I think I had mentioned one of the side effects of my medication was vivid dreams...well John gave me the shuffel IPOD to listen to....DAMN, just provided musical background to those dreams. I wish I could remember them to pass along, but just like the night they are gone too!!!

Stay tuned for New York!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home