Wednesday, July 19, 2006

5 days to go......


Well as I sit here with Lil Girl as close to me as she can get, I realize I have only five more days before we get out of this Texas Heat (hopefully) and head for the first leg of our trip. We'll be leaving Monday via Amtrak (imagine that) TO New York City. Will take two days to get there, but I am looking forward to the trip the 'old fashioned' way. I've picked up snacks and stuff for sandwiches to make the trip...not knowing if there is a diner car, or even if there is, just what they will have. Oh well, I always found the UNKNOWN to be the best part of any trip, it may well be what you look back on and say "Damn, I'll never do THAT again", but it might also be what you look back on and say..."That was the MOST fun"!!!!

Anyway, this may be the last you hear prior to the dome car on the "Rocket" outta Dallas, but starting then for sure you will hear plenty from me!!!!!

I have already bored Lil Girl, she got up and left!!! ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home